rules and regulations
To maintain safety in our classroom and to maintain a positive and respectful Martial Arts environment, we will request our students to follow these guidelines.
- Always place your shoes in changing areas.
- Respect other peoples property and belongings.
- Keep uniforms neat and clean with patches in proper placement.
- Practice good personal hygiene habits. Keep uniforms neat, clean and odor free.
- Please remove all jewelry before entering class.
- Respect the class that is in session:
- Lower the volume of your conversation.
- Remain off the teaching area until your class.
- Quietly prepare for your class.
- Always have your attendance card before entering class.
- Demonstrate a formal "Bow" as you enter and exit from the main classroom.
- Always be well mannered and courteous toward others.
- Introduce your guests or visitors to an instructor and show them guest seating.
- No unattended or unsupervised children are permitted.
- Enter class with energy and demonstrate your enthusiasm for learning.
- Focus your eyes on your instructor.
- Always show your best attention and give your instructor positive response to questions.
- Demonstrate proper posture and attitude at all times.
- No vulgarities or obscene language in the school.
- No gum chewing in the classroom.
- Steady and consistent attendance is essential to progress. Please notify your instructor if you will be missing class.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your class.
- Memorize our "Student Creed" and recite it at the beginning of each class. Learning - Understanding - Applying its meaning will enhance your progress.
- Learn to tie your uniform and belt properly.
- Always remove your belt before leaving the school.
- Sparring is not permitted between students unless an instructor is present and all students are wearing all of the required safety equipment (hands, feet, shin guards, helmet, mouth guard and chest protector).
- Only light touch contact is allowed in sparring.
A vital part of our curriculum at David Deaton Karate Studios is the teachings of positive lifestyle skills and habits. One way in which we communicate these skills and qualities to the students is through the student creeds. All students are required to know each of their three creeds and be able to understand the meaning and application of each.
- I promise to say, "I can do it" and to eat healthy foods.
- I promise to do what I am told with enthusiasm and to be good to others.
- I promise to never misuse what I learn in class
- I will develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or my physical health.
- I will develop self discipline in order to bring out the best in myself in others.
- I will use what I learn in class constructively and defensively: to help myself and my fellow man and never to be abusive or offensive.